Use brick, concrete blocks and stone to build walls, fireplaces and dividers. They spread mortar (wet cement) as a base to hold brick together.
Pour and finish concrete surfaces, which include rodding, edging, and joining. They finish street work, foundations, and walls by forming, setting screeds, sawing joints, rubbing and patching concrete surfaces.
Repair and set concrete or masonry foundations in preparation for tile work. They also prepare slabbing, fabrication and installation of tile mantels, counters and tile panels. Setting of burned clay products as used in the tile industry as well as the cleaning of tile are just some of the primary duties.
Physically demanding, indoor and outdoor work with variable weather conditions involving stooping, lifting, and standing for long periods of time.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Physically capable of performing the trade.
- Recommended high school courses: General Math, Algebra, Geometry, Shop Courses, Drafting, Print Reading, Sciences and English.
- Pass Accuplacer, Mechanical & Spatial Tests
Terms of Apprenticeship
- Three year program
- 400 hours of related instruction
- Non-paid related instruction to include First Aid, Welding, OSHA, etc.
For Information please contact:
State of Wisconsin – DWD
Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards
District Representative – Wausau
364 Grand Ave
Wausau, WI 54403
Northcentral Technical College
1000 W. Campus Drive
Wausau WI 54401
- Must preregister at least one week in advance.
- Total cost of $20 at NTC includes Reading, Math & Algebra testing – to be paid at time of test either by check payable to NTC or exact amount in cash.
- Contact the Testing Center at NTC at 715.803.1136 for an appointment.
- The Learning Center can assist you in the algebra, arithmetic and reading portions of the test. Contact the Learning center at 715.803.1152
Northeast Technical College (Green Bay) or Madison Area Technical College (Madison)
- Programs & Courses