Whether you need licensure for food and beverage, or seek certification for food safety, NTC is a certified provider of continuing education for those in the food service and sanitation, and bartending profession. Our courses are designed to give you the certifications necessary to work in the hospitality industry. We know you are busy. Therefore, we offer flexible meeting times and locations and online options, so you can receive your certification when and where it works best for you. Read more...
The Responsible Beverage Service course is a prerequisite to applying for your bartending license. This course provides you with all the necessary knowledge and techniques you need to be a responsible server of alcohol.
- Designed to educate owners/operators and employees of the food and beverage industry who sell and serve alcohol beverages and/or tobacco products.
- Fulfills Department of Revenue's Alcohol Beverage Bill (SB462) which requires new applicants, bartenders or operators to complete the training before a license is issued.
- May fulfill municipal ordinances, where applicable.
A certificate will be awarded for satisfactory completion of the course.
Food Sanitation and Safety Certification
This state approved course prepares you for the National Restaurant Association Certification examination from the Department of Health and Social Services by providing managers and employees in the food-service industry the knowledge of food-safety procedures. By taking this state approved course and passing the certification examination, you will be eligible to apply for your Certified Food Manager License from the Department of Health and Social Services. The National Restaurant Association certification examination is the second night of the course.
Food Safety and Sanitation Recertification
As employees in the food-service industry, it is important to stay up-to-date on changes in the codes and regulations related to food safety and sanitation. This program covers the updates as well as procedures for food preparation, sanitary work habits, cleaning and sanitizing procedures, and HACCP principles.
- Meets the requirements of the Wisconsin Food Code for food manager sanitation certification.
- Certification is valid for a period of five years and may be renewed with successful completion of this course
- This class must be taken within 6 months of the expiration date on the original certificate
- Follows the National Restaurant Association's criteria of food protection practices.
Prerequisite: Valid food protection certificate issued by the State of Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services.