To be used exclusively to advance the College’s mission.
- Libel or slander
- Fraud or misrepresentation
- Destruction of or damage to equipment, software or data belonging to the College or others
- Disruption or unauthorized monitoring of electronic communications
- Unauthorized copying or transmission of copyright-protected material
- Use of the College’s trademarks, logos, insignia or copyrights without prior approval
- Violation of computer system security
- Unauthorized use of computer accounts, access codes (including passwords) or network identification numbers (including email addresses) assigned to others
- Use of computer communications facilities in ways that unnecessarily impede the computing activities of others (such as randomly initiating interactive electronic communications or email exchanges, overuse of interactive network utilities and so forth)
- Development or use of unapproved mailing lists
- Use of computing facilities for private business purposes unrelated to the mission of the College or to College life
- Academic dishonesty
- Student Code of Conduct violations
- Violation of software license agreements
- Violation of network usage policies and regulations
- Violation of privacy
- Displaying or sending obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or offensive material
- Displaying or sending material that is contrary to the mission or values of the College
- Intentional or negligent distribution of computer viruses
- Overuse of connect time, information storage space, printing facilities, processing capacity or network services
- Use of sounds and visuals which might be disruptive or offensive to others
- Unauthorized use of departmental or individual computing resources
Computer Lab Use
Priority will be given to the following users in assigning computer workstations in a lab:
- NTC students registered for the computer-based class scheduled in the lab
- NTC students working on computer-based assignments
- NTC students working/ researching assigned classroom projects
- Other NTC users may be asked to relinquish workstations based on these priorities
- Only those computer resources designated as in the Library are accessible and can be used by the public (16 years and older)
- No food or beverages are allowed at NTC computer workstations.
- No unauthorized persons may use NTC computer and network resources - authorized persons are NTC employees and currently enrolled students.
- Downloading files or installing unauthorized software of any kind to computer hard drives is forbidden. Files or programs may be downloaded to floppy disks, an instructor assigned drive and folders, or zip disks as directed by faculty.
- Game playing and chat rooms are not allowed unless part of a class assignment.
- An NTC employee must be present to supervise appropriate use when NTC students are present in the computer lab. Only Internet video products authorized by your instructor can be used.
The Policy 643 document may be reviewed in full by contacting ISIT at 715.803.1101, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Violations of this policy shall subject users to the regular disciplinary processes and procedures of the College for students, staff, administrators and faculty, and may result in loss of their computing privileges. Illegal acts involving College computing resources may also subject violators to prosecution by local, state and/or federal authorities. Typical sanctions include:
- Temporary or permanent revocation of access to some or all computing and networking resources and facilities
- Disciplinary action according to applicable College policies and executive limitations
- Legal action according to applicable laws and contractual agreements
Student Printing Procedure
Each student will be allocated a one-time $25 printing allowance, which equates to 500 black and white pages. When a print job is sent to a printer at any of NTC’s printing facilities the cost of the print job will be subtracted from the user's allocation. If the user’s allocation is exhausted, it will be easy to purchase additional pages at a nominal cost of 5 cents for black and white pages, and 25 cents for color printing. These costs fairly represent the actual cost per page for printing services at NTC, and are considerably lower than typical page rates at commercial printing services. Accounts can be replenished in the Library, Student Life, Cashiers Office, Regional Campuses and PayPal. Money remaining on the account will not be refunded.
- Student Behavior Guidelines