Procedure for taking class/classes at another school, if seeking Financial Aid assistance through NTC
Students wanting to enroll in a class offered at another college and transfer the credits earned back to NTC must complete a Consortium Agreement. In order to receive financial aid for a class taken at a school other than Northcentral Technical College, you must follow these procedures:
- Apply for federal financial aid through the FAFSA form and list Northcentral Technical College as a school that should receive the results. NTC’s school code is 005387.
Please take note that students can apply for and receive financial aid from only one school per semester of study.
- Make sure that you have been admitted to Northcentral Technical College and are enrolled in a financial aid eligible program (certificates are not eligible).
- Contact the Registrar’s Office in Student Services at 888.NTC.7144 to verify that the class or classes that you plan to take at the other school will transfer into the program from which you are seeking a degree/diploma here at NTC.
You may receive financial aid only for courses that transfer back to NTC and count as transfer credits toward your degree/diploma.
- Print off a copy of the Consortium Agreement form listed on the Financial Aid Forms web page. Complete sections I and II of the form, then have the school through which you will be taking the class or classes finalize the agreement by completing section III. Remember, unless you will receive transfer credit here at NTC, any credits taken at another school will be at your own expense.
- Return the completed consortium agreement to the Financial Aid Office at NTC in person or by mail. The visiting school may also return the form via mail, fax, or email.
Northcentral Technical College
ATTN Financial Aid Office
1000 W. Campus Drive
Wausau, WI 54401-1899
The credits that you take at another school cannot be counted for financial aid purposes without a completed consortium agreement.
- You must complete a new consortium agreement for each semester that you register at another school. The consortium agreement will cover only classes for which you have already registered. Therefore, a consortium agreement signed in the fall will cover only fall classes and you will have to process another agreement in the spring.
- Deadline: If planning to enroll in a class or classes at another school, enrollment must be made before the end of NTC’s Census Date, which is the 14th day of each semester (fall, spring, and summer at NTC). If you add a class to your schedule after the Census Date, the credits for the class you added will not be counted in your total enrolled credits for that semester, and as such, you will not be granted any additional financial aid. We highly encourage you to register for all classes for a semester prior to the Census Date.
- Financial Aid