Fall 2014 classes begin on August 25. It's not too late to apply for financial aid!
Fall 2014 financial aid awards are being posted to students' myNTC accounts each week. Be sure to continue checking your NTC email for important updates!
Before financial aid can be processed...
Complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. The Financial Aid Office will send a letter with additional steps for students that have filed the FAFSA.
Be accepted into an eligible program AND enrolled in classes.
FAFSA SELECTED FOR VERIFICATION?
Aid cannot be processed until all requested documents have been received and reviewed.
- If your Student Aid Report (SAR) or our office sends a letter requesting taxes, you should log into your saved FAFSA and use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your tax information automatically & then re-submit and sign your FAFSA OR you may also request a FREE tax return transcript from the IRS at www.irs.gov or 1-800-908-9946.
- Click here to view a video on how to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
FALL AID POSTING:
- Watch myNTC account for award updates in July and August.
- Accept/Decline financial aid through myNTC, complete Entrance Counseling and sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN). Click here for directions.
- Additional loans for fall may be requested by completing the Additional Loan Request form.If you request more than your eligibility allows, the loan will be certified to your maximum eligibility. The interest rate for subsidized and unsubsidized loans with a first disbursement on or after 7/1/14 is 4.66%.
- September 12 = LOANS only
- September 19 = PELL, other grants, and LOANS
- September 26 and beyond = 1 disbursement per week of Pell, other grants, and loans every Thursday
Late Start Students
Financial Aid awards for late start students are based on the number of credits a student has on the initial day the student enrolled in classes. For example, a late start student enrolls in two 3 credit classes today, then adds two 3 credit classes the next day. Their financial aid award will only be based on the two 3 credit classes they enrolled in on their initial day of enrollment.
Financial aid funds are disbursed no later than 14 days after the first day of class that a student is scheduled to attend. If a grade of NS, W, or F is posted for a student or if a student receives a 100% or 80% refund, a student's financial aid award may be reduced accordingly.
Please read the Financial Aid Guide for important information regarding your financial aid.
Important financial aid notices are sent primarily through email. Check your email regularly!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best wishes for a great semester!
- Financial Aid