This program is designed to prepare individuals to work in the manufacturing sector. In today’s competitive environment, there is a need for specialized training in a variety of manufacturing areas. Applied engineering technicians assist industrial engineers with problems involving the production of goods and services. Students complete technical core curriculum, general education curriculum and specialized track curriculum. Students may choose a track of specialized courses in industrial, environmental or safety engineering. Courses are offered as independent study to meet the industry's applied engineering technician needs. Students can opt to earn a certificate in any of the available tracks, which can later be applied to the associate degree. Courses in this program will also serve as significant choices as electives for other NTC Technical & Trades associate degree programs. A graduate with a specialization in Environmental Technology will gain specialized integrated educational experience directed toward developing the ability to apply fundamental knowledge to the solution of practical problems. AET graduates will be able to work between the engineer/scientist and the technical and/or production workforce. Courses can be taken in any order. Potential occupations include: Environmental Engineering Technician, Soil Test Engineer, Assistant Safety Engineer, Hydrometer Test Engineer, Safety and Environmental Engineering Technician.
program at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo Fully Available
- Medford Fully Available
- Phillips Fully Available
- Spencer Fully Available
- Wittenberg Fully Available
Approximate Cost$13,169 (Tuition: $9226, Books: $3943)
Average Starting Salary$49,481 Annually, based on the 2014 NTC Graduate Employment Report.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Work effectively in a variety of applied engineering roles with limited supervision
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems in all sectors of manufacturing
- Read engineering drawings
- Select and implement manufacturing processes for a product
- Select and implement handling solutions for lean storage/flow/distribution of raw material in process and final product
- Apply appropriate safety and environmental regulations
- Foster a team atmosphere
- Provide cost savings in manufacturing while retaining product quality
- Evaluate existing environmental management systems
- Develop environmental management programs that comply to the ISO 14000 environmental international standards
- Environmental Engineering Technician
- Soil Test Engineer
- Assistant Safety Engineer
- Hydrometer Test Engineer
- Safety and Environmental Engineering Technician
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email email@example.com.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.