This program prepares learners to work in a variety of job settings related to the completion, processing, investigation and analysis of health-related insurance claims. Job opportunities exist in the business offices of health insurance companies, managed care organizations, hospitals, medical clinics, nursing homes and other related health care facilities. Potential occupations include: Medical Claim Service Representative, Admitting Clerk, Medical Records Clerk, Patient Accounts Clerk, Clinic Office Supervisor or Manager, Hospital Administrative Assistant, Home Health Administrative Assistant, Medical Coder.
program at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo Fully Available
- Medford Fully Available
- Phillips Fully Available
- Spencer Fully Available
- Wittenberg Fully Available
Approximate Cost$13,140 (Tuition: $9704, Books: $3436)
Average Starting Salary$29,686 Annually, based on the 2014 NTC Graduate Employment Report.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Prepare and analyze health insurance claims according to payer guidelines
- Protect the confidentiality of health-related information by adhering to security/privacy/confidentiality policies, rules and regulations
- Use successful principles in providing customer service in person, in writing and on the phone
- Support data collection and reimbursement systems by applying basic financial and record-keeping concepts
- Assign and/or recognize ICD diagnostic/procedural codes and CPT/HCPCS procedure codes
- use medical terminology and principles of human health and disease in performing essential functions in a health business environment
- Medical Claim Service Representative
- Admitting Clerk
- Medical Records Clerk
- Patient Accounts Clerk
- Clinic Office Supervisor or Manager
- Hospital Administrative Assistant
- Home Health Administrative Assistant
- Medical Coder
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email email@example.com.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.