The Insurance Associate Degree program will provide learners with a solid understanding of the insurance profession. The insurance industry is one of the fastest growing professions in Wisconsin. Students will learn business management practices and insurance specific terms and skills that will enable them to work in a variety of positions within the insurance industry, including claims, underwriting, customer service, marketing, training and sales.
program at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo Fully Available
- Medford Fully Available
- Phillips Fully Available
- Spencer Fully Available
- Wittenberg Fully Available
Approximate Cost$12,513 (Tuition: $9687, Books: $2826)
Average Starting Salary$33,592 Based on Economic Modeling Specialists International and employer survey data.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Demonstrate basic accounting and financial skills
- Apply concepts, methods, processes and functions of management to business operations
- Use appropriate insurance terminology
- Demonstrate professionalism and positive customer service skills
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of insurance applications and insurance policies
- Utilize marketing techniques and selling skills to obtain new clients
- Obtain the knowledge and skills to become licensed in the State of Wisconsin in Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Property (Homeowners/Commercial) Insurance and Casualty (Automobile/Business Liability) Insurance
- Customer Service
- Training and Sales
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email email@example.com.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.