This certificate is designed to provide learners with opportunities of discovery in respect to the diverse world we live in. The certificate is designed to educate students about the social and economic variations we experience both domestically and internationally. In addition, course selections provide opportunities for students to better understand how to approach social and economic interactions through critical and ethical ways. Students must complete five courses to earn the certificate. Economics and Intro to Sociology are required, and the student may choose three of the remaining six courses available to meet the five course requirement.
certificate at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo Fully Available
- Medford Fully Available
- Phillips Fully Available
- Spencer Fully Available
- Wittenberg Fully Available
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about certificate offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Determine the rights and responsibilities of citizens and the process of participatory democracy
- Observe how a market-oriented economic system operates
- Analyze factors which influence national economic policy
- Critically evaluate individual, social and/or professional standards of behavior and apply a systematic decision-making proces to these situations
- Investigate the interrelationship of social problems and their roots in fundamental societal institutions
- Explain the concepts of culture, socialization, social stratification, multiculturalism and the five institutions
- Employ the basic American values of justice and equality to increase the probability of respectful encounters among people
- Examine the role of tolerance in promoting peace and security in a diverse world
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this certificate please view the course list.Course List
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this certificate.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this certificate, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.