program at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo Mostly Available
- Medford Mostly Available
- Phillips General Studies Only
- Spencer General Studies Only
- Wittenberg Partially Available
Approximate Cost$6,356 (Tuition: $5478, Books: $878)
Average Starting Salary$41,813 Annually, based on the 2014 NTC Graduate Employment Report.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Apply healthcare and technological science principles to the perioperative environment
- Maintain principles of sterile technique in the surgical environment
- Provide a safe, efficient and supportive environment for the patient
- Prepare the patient, operating room and surgical team for the preoperative phase
- Perform intraoperative case management in the scrub role
- Perform postoperative case management
- Function as an ethical, legal and professional member of the healthcare team as determined by governing bodies
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Take a Virtual Tour
Get an idea of what it’s like to be a student in the Surgical Technologist program, and explore the NTC facilities.
Additional program Information
No Wait Lists
This program uses a competitive petitioning process for admission instead of a wait list. Once you meet eligibility requirements, you can petition to start program-specific courses.
Current CPR certification is required upon admission to this program. Accepted certifications include Professional Rescuer or Healthcare Provider.
Criminal Background Check
This program requires a criminal background check. Acceptance to Northcentral Technical College will not be denied based on a criminal background, however, a check may be required for placement at clinical sites or field experiences.
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email email@example.com.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.