Programming will include engineering, business and forestry disciplines to develop skills and specialized knowledge required for the manufacturing, marketing, distribution and end use of wood products. Learners will use innovative approaches for obtaining, manufacturing, using and recycling wood products and other sustainable products in an environmentally safe manner. Related skills in teamwork, mathematics, critical thinking and communication will be included. As an Embedded Technical Diploma, this program ladders fully into the Wood Processes Associate Degree program.
program at a Glance
- Wausau General Studies Only
- Antigo Fully Available
- Medford General Studies Only
- Phillips General Studies Only
- Spencer General Studies Only
- Wittenberg General Studies Only
Approximate Cost$5,837 (Tuition: $5090, Books: $747)
Average Starting Salary$26,000 According to Economic Modeling Specialists International.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Use current safety precautions in a manufacturing setting
- Operate technologically advanced wood manufacturing equipment
- Create CAD drawings for wood products
- Inspect various wood products according to industry standards
- Apply wood industry testing standards to products and materials
- Design efficient manufacturing processes for wood products
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Additional program Information
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email email@example.com.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.