Veterans Menu• NTC Vet Services
• Getting Started with Benefits
• Satisfactory Academic Progress for VA Benefits
• Important Forms & Links
Quick Links•Federal GI Bill
•List of CVSOs
•Submit a Question to the Federal VA
We are honored to have you at Northcentral Technical College (NTC)! We appreciate your service to our country and it is our privilege to serve you in furthering your education!
At NTC, we are proud to offer education and training for veterans, service members, and qualified family members. Our goal in Veteran Services is to share resources and assist with veteran education benefits to help you succeed while you are here as well as after graduation. We are located at the Wausau campus in Student Services. Feel free to stop by today!
NTC Veteran Certifying Official
Veterans are greatly appreciated by the Northcentral Technical College community and we offer a wide range of resources and services at NTC to help with your success at NTC.
- Career Coaching and Admissions
Career Coaches are available to assist students decide what career path to choose.
- Academic Advising
Need help registering for classes? Academic advisors are happy to help.
- Financial Aid
Students are advised to apply for Federal Finanical Aid along with their VA/Military Benefits
- Disability Services
Our Disability Services staff can work with you if you need special accommodations
- Veterans Club
Interested in meeting other veterans and service members? The NTC Veteran’s Club meets every other Thursday from 12pm-12:50pm in Wausau room A228. Check out the NTC Veteran's Club on FaceBook for more information.
College Planning Tools
- College Scorecard. http://collegecost.ed.gov/scorecard/
- College Navigator. http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
- "Paying for College." http://www.consumerfinance.gov/paying-for-college/
Veteran Priority Registration
NTC is honored to provide veterans and/or service members priority in registering for courses in accordance with the WI Service Member Priority Bill (AB 201). Veterans need to provide documentation either through their DD214, Active Duty Orders, Notice of Basic Eligibility (DD2384) or DD256N to the college's Veterans Certifying Official prior to the priority registration dates to be eligible. Please call 715.803.1252 if you are unsure if the college has the appropriate documentation on file.
Veterans do not need to be receiving veteran benefits to be eligible to enroll through the priority registration period. Veteran spouses and children are not eligible for priority registration and will be able to enroll in courses at the normal registration time. All financial or academic holds must be cleared before a student may register for courses.
Veterans Shopping Sheet
Students using Veteran Benefits can get a Shopping Sheet estimating aid they may be eligible to receive while attending NTC. This Shopping Sheet is an estimate only. Students will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.FAFSA.gov to get a true FAFSA award. More information can be found on the NTC Financial Aid page.
Spring 2015 Registration
- Open enrollment for ALL students (except Nursing) begins Monday, November 10th at 9:00 am. Veteran priority registration will begin online at 7:00 am and in person or by phone at 7:30 am. Please read the information below for more information on priority registration for our veterans as documentation is required.
- Continuing Nursing student registration begins Tuesday, January 6th at 9:00 am. Veteran priority registration will begin online at 8:00 am online, by phone, or in person. Please read the information below for more information on priority registration for our veterans as documentation is required.
To register online click on the Registration link.
To register by phone please call 715.675.3331 x5861
November 11, 2014
Thank You Lunch
- Wausau - Veterans (student/employee) may stop by Student Life to pick up a ticket valued up to $8 to use on the same day in Campus Cafe. 7:30am-3:00pm
- Antigo - Free chili, cornbread and brownies. 11:00am-1:00pm
- Medford - Free chili
- Phillips - Free soup
- Spencer - Free soup
- Wittenberg - Free chicken soup
Giveaway - 7:30am-6:00pm
Show your current NTC student ID to receive a pin honoring our veterans (free, while supplies last)
Honor Guard Ceremony - 9:00am
Medallion Plaza (Wausau Campus)
Honor veterans with a short ceremony including a 21 gun salute with the American Legion Montgomery Plant Post 10, brought to you byt NTC Veterans Club
All students looking to use VA Education Benefits at NTC are required to complete the NTC Veteran Benefit Certification Request Form after enrolling in classes each semester. Certification for VA Education Benefits will not be processed if this form is not completed and submitted.
- Financial Aid