Computed Tomography (CT) 2 Credit Certificate
The Computed Tomography (CT) Certificate is designed for individuals who hold ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) credentials in Radiography. The CT certificate will provide learners with 36 hours of structured didactic education related to the content specifications outlined by the ARRT. Content includes patient care, safety, image production, and procedures. To be eligible to sit for the ARRT CT examination, structured education must be coupled with selected clinical experiences. This course provides the structured education only.
*This program is coming soon pending approval from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). You many still apply and be accepted into the program, contingent upon official program approval.
Found in These Career Fields:
Graduates will be able to…
- Perform patient care using appropriate patient interactions and management
- Explain and follow radiation safety and use appropriate radiation protection
- Discuss CT image production, including image formation, evaluation, and archiving
- Discuss factors that apply to CT procedures, including head, spine and musculoskeletal, neck and chest, and abdomen and pelvis
- Describe the principles and concepts of computed tomography
Some of the potential careers graduates can pursue are:
- Radiologic Technologist
- CT Technician
- CT Technologist
The Computed Tomography (CT) Certificate is a 2 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.View All Detailed Course Information
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.