Friday, January 25 - Slow Food Dinner
5:00 pm - 5:45 pm Check in, meet and greet, book signing
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm slow food dinner and presentation
Join us for Garden Vision's fifth annual Slow Food Dinner. This sit-down dining experience will include a short talk about slow food, and presentation by Michael Perry. Michael Perry is a New York Times best-selling author, humorist, playwright, and radio show host from New Auburn, WI. Perry's books include Population 485, The Jesus Cow, Montaigne in Barn Boots, and the (non)gardening book Truck: A Love Story. His "Roughneck Grace" column appears weekly in the Wisconsin State Journal and he can be found online at www.sneezingcow.com. Drawing on his best-selling memoirs and his experiences as a failed gardener, Michael Perry provides a humorous heartfelt look into his relationship with food of all sorts, from gas station jerky to organic asparagus truffle foam.
Cost: $45 per person
New Location: Center for Health Sciences, Northcentral Technical College (MAP)
Menu: (all options include seasonal fresh vegetables, mixed green salad, New York Cheesecake for dessert)
- 6oz Filet of beef tenderloin with a gluten free herb demi glace
- Lemon broiled salmon with beurre blanc sauce
- Vegetable strudel with a mornay sauce
Saturday, January 26 - Garden Conference
View full brochure with speaker information HERE
Full day registration: $57 standard fee (includes lunch)
Full day registration: $37 special fee - ages 62+ (includes lunch)
Half day registration: $25 standard fee (lunch not included)
Saturday walk-in registraion: $50 full day, $25 half day (lunch not included, breakout sessions may be limited)
Main Building, Northcentral Technical College (MAP)
Things to Note:
- If you qualify for the 62+ pricing but would like to donate your discount to the Master Gardeners program, please select the $57 standard rate.
- New! Enjoy live music by Lisa Johnson during lunch. Like what you hear? Purchase a CD!
- Raffle tickets will only be available until 1:15pm. Must be present to win.
- Non-perishable food donations will be accepted for Peyton's Promise
- Early check in and pickup of materials will be available on Friday, January 25 from 4:00pm-5:30pm at the Main Entrance
- Walk in registrations will be accepted on Saturday. Walk ins will not be accepted Friday evening.
The Master Gardeners cancellation policy states no refunds will be issued. Attendees may transfer their registration to another person, but must notify NTC’s Continuing Education Department (email@example.com). Attendees who do not attend without transferring their ticket will be responsible for payment of all course fees.
Registration will open on December 1, 2018