ToP Facilitation Methods is the foundation of all facilitation training. Attendees learn to, create a participatory environment, find group consensus, and put plans into action. This training is useful for those who want to make meetings more productive, conversations more dynamic – leaving with true understanding, plan programs/projects/events and initiatives with specific and achievable goals, and find new processes for group collaboration. These outcomes are achieved through the focused conversation method, the consensus workshop method, and the action planning method. This two-day course provides learning and hands-on experience with practicing the methods. Download the course flyer here.
The Focused Conversation Method guides groups through a meaningful exchange of ideas. Use this method to:
• Stimulate candid feedback that’s useful for group success
• Conduct purposeful discussions that lead to action or understanding
• Surface new ideas and solutions to better analyze problems
• Quickly and easily capture a group’s best thinking with participatory practices
This method can be used in small or large group reflection, meetings that need direction, and when new ideas want to turn into action.
The Consensus Workshop Method engages and energizes people toward common goals. Use this method to:
• Integrate diverse ideas as a collective
• Develop a shared vision and process that is agreed upon
• Generate practical and creative solutions from multiple lenses
• Tap into rational and intuitive thought processes
This method can be used in groups that have conflict over specific outcomes, groups that need a push toward a similar direction, and in groups that need help finding common ground or accepting new ideas.
The Action Planning Method helps groups to plan, organize resources and build commitment. Use this method to:
• Analyze the current reality and where success could be seen
• Maximize group involvement and identify manageable accountability
• Visualize inspiring, successful results with full participation
• Create a practical plan with ownership, timelines and measures
This method could be used in small or large groups to initiate a plan, project, program or event. Action plans can be successful for initiatives 3 months – 2 years long
Dates & Time
May 8-9, 2019, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
$700 - Early Bird Rate (Register before April 17)
$750 - Standard Rate
14 CEHs are available for: BOSA, PMI, APA, AICP, CHES-MCHES, NAICS