7:45 a.m. - Check In
8:00 a.m. - Welcome
8:05 a.m. - Large Group Session: Cooperative Caregiving – Professional Practice in Child Care: This session focuses on the expectations of child care staff, quality programming, and preventing gossip. Recommit yourselves to being professional!
10:00 a.m. - Breakout Session 1
- Session A: I’m so Angry! Helping Children Identify and Manage Their Angry Feelings!: In today’s world, learning to cope with angry feelings in a positive way may be one of the most important tools to give a child. This class will share information on how to help children identify their feelings and will equip participants with activities for use in helping children learn to express and deal with their anger in a positive way.
- Session B: Plugging into Parents: This session examines ways to plug into parents with great communication systems from the start. Prevent “electrical shocks” from your families with these tried and true parent partnership activities.
- Session C: Developing Appropriate Curriculum for Infants and Toddlers: One of the many important roles of infant & toddler teachers is to intentionally plan for each child’s individual development. This class explores the aspects of creating a developmentally appropriate curriculum for infants and toddlers.
12:15 p.m. - Lunch (Provided)
12:45 a.m. - Breakout Session 2
- Session A: Transition Tricks: This session examines the children’s perspectives of the schedules, routines, and transition times in their day and their value and importance in children’s development. Participants will examine techniques and activities to help children move smoothly between activities to prevent frustration and behavior issues.
- Session B: Staff Relations and Teamwork: Working in such close proximity with other team members can be challenging. This session focuses on both behaviors that break down staff relations and those that build them up. If you are looking for a more positive work environment, here are some great ideas!
- Session C: Recognizing & Marketing Your Strengths: This class is designed to help center staff identify what the key features of their program are and what their role is in marketing and communicating these features to their families and to the public. Participants will discover how their families benefit from each of the center's key features and will brainstorm ways to be a part of marketing & communicating the quality of the program.
3:00 p.m. - Large Group Session: A Fresh Look at Positive Guidance: This session focuses on positive methods of guiding children in early childhood programs. Activities include examining ways to promote positive behavior in classrooms through prevention, rule setting, positive guidance techniques, positive verbal guidance and examining logical consequences.
5:00 p.m. - Door Prize & Goodbye
$55 (includes lunch)
This event qualifies for 8 CEUs.
If for any reason you are unable to attend your scheduled course, please contact us prior to the start date of the course. This will ensure that we can provide a full refund of your course fees. If there are extenuating circumstances that prevented you from attending a course, please contact our office as soon as possible. If we do not receive any correspondence from you, you will be responsible for full payment of course fees.