Northcentral Technical College (NTC) is pleased to be offering Medication Assistant training at our Wausau campus.
The Medication Assistant is a Certified Nursing Assistant employed in a nursing home who administers specific medications under the supervision of the nursing staff. The training program provides an opportunity for students to develop the knowledge of standard practices related to administration of medications affecting multiple body systems and meets the state requirements for certification. Upon completion, the graduate qualifies for inclusion in the State of Wisconsin Medication Assistant Registry. There are 100 hours of training consisting of 35 hours of classroom meetings, 25 hours of online work and a 40 hour clinical.
All materials and textbooks are included in the course pricing. Applications must be approved prior to entering the course.
1. Must be 18 years of age
2. Have a high school diploma or HSED
3. Be on the State of Wisconsin nurse aide directory
4. Be current on the federal nurse aide directory
5. Have at least 2000 hours experience in direct patient care within the last 3 years
6. Have worked a minimum of 40 hours, within the last 90 days, with the residents to whom the student will be working during the clinical experience.
7. Be recommended in writing by 2 licensed charge nurses under whose licenses the aide will be administering medications.
*Online pre-work and course open February 14, 2020
In person dates: Tuesdays, February 18 - March 10, 2020
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.