It’s estimated that more than 20 million Americans suffer from addiction, or about one in every 10 adults in Wisconsin. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, approximately 75% of those battling addiction go to work. The cost of addiction to an employer’s bottom line is significant and results in higher absenteeism, higher health care costs, higher turnover and greater likelihood of work-related safety incidents.
Apricity has been helping people with addiction for over 35 years. We know firsthand the impact that addiction can have on the workplace and the systems that can be implemented to support people seeking recovery. By implementing our Recovery Works Initiative, your organization will receive the education, training and recovery support needed to help your employees and their family members get the help they need. Investing in employee wellness and offering appropriate recovery options has helped many organizations realize substantial savings.
In this introductory seminar you will learn:
- Addiction 101
- How to engage your business to become recovery oriented
- Impacts of addiction on your business
- How to identify signs of abuse and learn intervention strategies
- Best practices to support recovery and improve worksite wellness
Why should employers care:
- Healthcare costs are 3x higher for workers with addiction
- 500 million work days lost annually due to substance use problems
- Americans with addictions miss nearly 50% more work
- workers with addiction function at only 2/3 their capability
Who should attend
Business leaders, supervisors and management, human resources personnel, employee assistance program personnel,
If for any reason you are unable to attend your scheduled course, please contact us prior to the start date of the course. This will ensure that we can provide a full refund of your course fees. If there are extenuating circumstances that prevented you from attending a course, please contact our office as soon as possible. If we do not receive any correspondence from you, you will be responsible for full payment of course fees.
Registration will open soon!