The Nephrology Update conference will enhance safety practices and increase staff knowledge of care of the ESRD patient by involving the dialysis team, patient caregivers, and the patient.
Patient care technicians, nephrology nurses, social workers, renal dietitians, or full time students engaged in healthcare training programs.
January 7, 2021 6:00pm - 8:00pm CST CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
"ABC's of Vascular Access", Lynda Ball - Quality Improvement Director, Health Services Advisory Group- ESRD Network 13
March 4, 2021 6:00pm - 8:00pm CST CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
"Communication between Transplant Centers and Dialysis Facilities", Candace Kohls, RN - Director of Quality Improvement, Midwest Kidney Network
"Professionalism and Resilience in the Workplace", Marlene Roberts, RN - Dean of Health, Northcentral Technical College
- Define and describe the impact of incivility on a healthcare team.
- Identify and define coping strategies and methods to support a positive workplace culture.
- Identify and discuss the importance of tone, nonverbal behaviors, attitude and reflective practice for socializing new employees to the healthcare team.
- Recognize and discuss ways to engage in assertive communication with providers and patients.
- Understand strategies to create a team environment and demonstrate sensitivity in a healthcare workplace.
$30/session - 2 CEUs each
This activity has been submitted to and is pending approval from the Wisconsin Nurses Association. NTC will also provide a certificate of CEUs and is an approved provider of Social Work CEUs.
Presented in partnership with