LET’S GROW YOUR AUTO COLLISION BUSINESS!
All current and aspiring Auto Collision employees are invited to participate in a 29-week Auto Collision Basics certificate program featuring a curriculum that was developed by current auto collision industry professionals and is approved by Northcentral Technical College.
This new training program was developed to grow Wisconsin’s pool of skilled Auto Collision workers. Participants will learn an industry-approved, technical-college-backed training curriculum hosted at local repairs shops and taught by experts currently working in the field. Graduates will receive an Auto Collision Basics certificate from Northcentral Technical College and will be guaranteed placement into NTC’s Advanced certificate program starting in Fall 2021; additional opportunities for higher-level specialized training may also become available.
To quickly improve Wisconsin’s Auto Collision workforce pool by graduating 12 participants in 29 weeks with a basic-level certification through NTC.
TRAINING COURSES (Tentative)
Introduction to Body Shop Work
Introductory Repair and Paint Prep
Basic Disassembly Procedures
Intro to Paint & Finishing Detail
How this certificate can benefit businesses...
- Quickly improve Wisconsin’s Auto Collision workforce pool by graduating 12 participants in 29 weeks!
- Provide advanced training to current employees to keep them engaged in the automotive industry.
- Opportunity for auto industry employers to hire program trainees during or after the training.
- Reinvigorate and re-establish an NTC Auto Collision program with sustainable training pathway.
How this certificate can benefit students...
- Successful completion guarantees you increase pay and/or more hours.
- Successful completion guarantees you placement into NTC’s advanced certificate program starting in Fall 2021.
- And, your fall semester tuition will be FULLY PAID by the program!
Start Date: Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2021
Length of Program: 29 Weeks (Feb. 16 – Sept. 2, 2021)
Schedule: Tuesdays & Thursday from 4:00 – 8:00 pm plus one Saturday per month from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Location: Varies; will include Olson Auto Body, Brickner’s of Wausau, and other Wausau-area repair facilities.
Cost: Free to attendees; businesses are asked to pay their employees’ regular wages while in class.
This training program is partially funded with a Wisconsin DWD Fast Forward Grant. To meet the goals of the grant, the program must demonstrate that all trainees experience a measurable improvement in their employment status upon successful completion of the 29-week program. Employers that have employees go through the training are required to provide periodic updates on the employee’s FTE and wage information to ensure the training results in new or improved work opportunities; information will be kept confidential.
For more information, contact Sara Guild, WATEA Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-581-9283