In this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to apply log scaling principles and grading criteria used by industry professionals to merchandise
Please note that this training will consist of both a classroom portion as well as instruction off-site at a local sawmill, so please bring lots of warm clothes.
Cost: $225 per person
Who Should Attend?
Landowners, Foresters, Forestry Students, Log Scaler/Grader Trainee, and Sawmill Supervisors
Friday, April 9 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Scaling Boardfoot and Cordwood Volumes
• Varying Log Rules
• Identifying Scaling Defects
• Calculating Scaling Deductions
• Identifying Grading Defects
• Applying Grading Rules & Pricing
• Hands-on Application – Sawmill Log Yard
Saturday, April 10 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Basic Log Identification
• Hands on Scaling & Grading of Sawlogs & Veneer Logs
Northcentral Technical College Antigo Campus
Wood Technology Center of Excellence
312 Forrest Avenue, Antigo, WI, 54409