Congratulations to the spring and summer 2023 graduates who will be honored in an in-person graduation celebration at Wausau West on Saturday, May 20. Stay tuned to this page for more information and details through the event. If you need to apply for graduation, please check out the Graduation Planning page.
Important Notes for Graduates:
You’ve worked hard and it will soon be time to celebrate. Our 2023 spring graduation is right around the corner! Here’s what you need to know:
- All communication regarding graduation will be sent to your NTC student email account. Check it often for the most current details and deadlines.
- Spring graduation recognizes students who are completing their final courses in the spring 2023 or summer 2023 semesters.
- All students – whether you are participating in the graduation ceremony or not – need to apply to graduate by Friday, April 14. This alerts Records to check your coursework and ultimately process your diploma.
- Diplomas will be mailed 6-8 weeks after grading day to students who have met all requirements. Check your address in MyNTC to ensure it is accurate so there isn’t a delay in your diploma being mailed.
- If your name has changed and needs to be updated, please work with Records to do so right away so it appears correctly in our graduation program and on your diploma.
How do I apply to graduate?
If you are enrolled in your final classes this semester (or will be in summer) - even if you are not intending to participate in the ceremony - you must apply to graduate by Friday, April 14:
- Log into MyNTC
- Select "Transcripts & Grades" from the left navigation menu
- Click the "Apply for Graduation" link on the left side bar
- Under “Apply for Spring (May 2023) Graduation,” you may see two options:
- Click "Apply" and complete the form.
- If it reads “View/Update…” you may already have an active grad application. Please review and update as necessary (such as revising to indicate you’re attending the ceremony).
Graduates who indicate they plan to participate in the graduation ceremony will receive information through their NTC student email in early April.
What will happen during the graduation ceremony?
You’ll arrive at Wausau West High School, select your parking, and enter the building through the commons/fieldhouse entrance.
There will be signage and people directing you where to go once you enter the building. Graduates will be directed to a line up location where they will join fellow graduates from their program. Guests with tickets will be ushered to the fieldhouse.
All graduates will be process into the fieldhouse at the same time with the traditional Pomp & Circumstance. Your guests will be cheering and celebrating you as you enter and take your seat. You’ll hear words of wisdom from guest speakers and then each graduate will be given the opportunity to walk across the stage.
As you approach the stage, you’ll provide your name and program information to an individual who will announce you. You’ll receive your diploma holder from a member of the Board of Trustees and be greeted by NTC President, Dr. Jeannie Worden. Program faculty will also be on hand to congratulate you.
A professional photographer will capture the moment of you receiving your diploma cover on stage as well as a posed photo after you come off the stage. You’ll have an opportunity to review/purchase photos within a week or so after the event. Stay tuned to your NTC student email for information from the photographer.
After you’ve received your diploma cover and photos have been taken, you’ll return to your seat until the conclusion of the program. Then, all graduates will recess out of the fieldhouse together. You’ll reunite with your guests in the commons.
You’ll then have more opportunities to take selfies and group photos before you leave to continue the day celebrating with loved ones.
What time is graduation?
- Graduates must arrive by 9:00 a.m. to line up with their program.
- Guests must be seated by 9:45 a.m.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- Plan approximately 90 minutes to 2 hours.
Will masks be required?
At this time, masks will not be required. However, you may choose to wear a well-fitting mask if desired. As a mask-friendly college, we encourage you to continue to be respectful of others and their personal masking decisions.
Can my family and friends attend?
As you can imagine, there are only a set number of seats and people allowed inside the graduation venue due to fire code. This along with the number of students participating in the ceremony determines who many tickets are available for each graduate.
All guests, regardless of age, will need a ticket to enter the fieldhouse at Wausau West High School.
We anticipate each graduate will initially be able to receive up to 4 guest tickets at the time they pick up their regalia.
The week of graduation, we’ll monitor ticket quantities. Any unclaimed tickets will be available for participating graduates to request. To be fair to all participants, graduates can typically request 1 extra ticket per day during graduation week while supplies last. Again, this will be dependent on the number of graduates and tickets remaining.
Loved ones who are unable to attend in person are encouraged to tune in to a live stream of graduation. It will be available at http://www.tinyurl.com/WAAMedia the day of graduation as well as on-demand viewing after.
How do I get my cap, gown and tickets?
- Cap, Gown & Ticket Pick Up: Tuesday, April 25-Friday, May 12
Beginning Tuesday, April 25, your regalia and tickets can be picked up in The Den (D112) at the Wausau Campus. Stop by Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m.-9:00 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., or Saturday 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Are you a regional campus student? Beginning Tuesday, April 25, you can request to have your regalia and tickets sent to your campus by e-mailing email@example.com with your name, student ID number and preferred campus. Please also identify if you are a veteran so you may receive appropriate cords. To allow time for mailing, the deadline to request this service is Friday, May 12.
- Number of Tickets: All guests (regardless of age) must have a ticket to attend the ceremony. The number of tickets is determined by the location and the number of graduates. To accommodate all graduates, each participant will be initially allocated 4 guest tickets for the event with an opportunity to obtain extra tickets (see below).
- Ticket Deadline: Tickets not picked up by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 12 will be released as extra tickets. If you come in after that time, you may not receive your allocated tickets.
- Extra Tickets: Beginning Monday, May 15, participating graduates may pick up 1 extra ticket per day on a first-come, first-serve basis until they are gone.
Check out these additional 2023 Spring (May) Graduation FAQs.