2017 Beekeeper ConferenceMarch 18, 2017 Registration: 8:15 a.m. Sessions: 8:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. Northcentral Technical College - Center for Health Sciences Building
Explore the latest in beekeeping with the 3rd Annual Beekeeping Conference hosted by the Central Wisconsin - Marathon County Beekeepers' Association. The conference features everything from beginning beekeeping techniques to the advanced methods to keep your hives healthy.
Solomon Parker (parkerbees.com) - Solomon Parker is committed to educating new beekeepers who choose the treatment-free path. He is the creator of the Treatment-Free Beekeeping Podcast and the founder of the Treatment-Free Beekeepers' Facebook group. He has been keeping bees treatment-free since he started in 2003 and he lives in Medford, Oregon with his wife, children, and bees.
- Creator of 'Treatment Free Beekeeping' Podcast
Mel Disselkoen (www.mdasplitter.com)
- Author of OTS Queen Rearing
- Master Beekeeper (Eastern Apiculture Society)
- Inventor of MDA Splitter Nuc Boxes
Adrian Quiney (Quiney Honey and Bee videos)
- A fellow Wisconsin beekeeper with a consistently high success rate of over-wintering nucs. He arrived at his methods by combining the work of Mel Disselkoen and Mike Palmer.
Rich Schneider (www.capitalbeesupply.com/)
- Owner of Capital Bee Supply, a manufacturer/mail order commited to high quality products, sustainable practices, and community education.
Alex Zomchek (Ohio State University Bee Lab)
- Lifelong beekeeper (40+ yrs)
- Master Beekeeper Instructor, OSBA
- Apiculturist, Miami University (23 yrs). Research topics include
- Instrumental Insemination
- Drone sperm cryogenics/banking
- Bioinformatics/software simulations
- Soy bean pollination
- Winter colony storage and spring stimulation
- Author of articles in Bee Culture and The American Bee Journal
PricingEarly Bird Rate (through March 1) : $49. General Rate (after March 1): $59