All NTC Campuses Physically Close March 20th at 5:00 p.m., Learning and Operations Move to Virtual Environment
We recognize that despite the precautionary steps we have taken as a campus, there continues to be growing concern about what COVID-19 means to our campus community and community as a whole.
In the past few days, Governor Evers and President Trump have set strict guidelines related to public gatherings. In light of these recent announcements, we have decided to take several additional steps for the rest of the semester.
- All NTC campuses will physically close completely to students, staff and the public beginning Friday, March 20th at 5:00 p.m. and we will go to an entirely virtual environment for learning and operations. We anticipate that all campuses will physically reopen for business on Monday, April 27th a 6:00 a.m. though that may be subject to change as this situation continues to unfold.
- All learning for all students will resume on Monday, April 6th in an online format. Faculty will post additional information in Canvas on how this will look as it may vary by course.
- While we will make every effort to finish students on time, the spring semester will be extended until June 30th if students need additional time to finish. We are already aware of some labs and clinicals that may extend beyond the original semester end date.
- Students are encouraged to work with their faculty or advisor as they progress through their coursework. Faculty and advisors will continue to be a resource as students navigate these changes.
- We continue to be committed to making sure NTC students have access to Timberwolf Table while the campus transitions to virtual learning and operations. Pre-packaged bags of food will be available to our students via curbside pick-up. Students can schedule an appointment by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org on the following days and times:
Mondays: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Tuesdays: 3:00 pm. – 6:00 p.m.
Fridays: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Other times via appointment
- The NTC switchboard (715.675.3331) will be available to answer all incoming calls from 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- All campus staff will be working as usual so you are encouraged to contact them with any questions or concerns.
We are experiencing an unprecedented time in our history. This situation continues to change rapidly, and we will continue to provide updates as soon as we have them. Please watch for an updated FAQ list that will be added to the website soon. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
We know these are challenging times and we appreciate your patience as work through this together. When we look back on this moment in history, I hope we have a story of how people came together to help humanity and the greater good. As the College that cares, that is the philosophy that we strive to embody every day.
May you stay safe and well in the weeks to come.
All the best,
President Lori Weyers