COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) Updates : Guideline/Protocol Updates
- We are encouraged by the progress our District community has made toward herd immunity with declining infection rates and increasing vaccinations. We are optimistic that those efforts will move us closer to the optimal 50% (or higher) vaccination rate.
- If you would like to be vaccinated but have yet to do so, we would encourage you to visit the Community Vaccine Clinic located in the Center for Business and Industry on the Wausau campus. The clinic is now offering walk-in appointments. For more information, please visit https://www.ntc.edu/covid19/vaccine-clinic
- For those students who are vaccinated, I invite you to enjoy a coffee (including espresso drinks) or entrée from the Campus Café on me. Stop by the Campus Store (located on the Wausau Campus) and present your vaccination card to receive your voucher.
- Effective June 1, we will adopt the recommendation of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on masking. For those who are fully vaccinated, face masks will be optional on campus.
- Staff, students and visitors who are not fully vaccinated need to continue wearing masks to respect the health and safety of others on campus.
- Masks will remain optional for all students, staff and visitors while outdoors.
- Social distancing will remain in place on campus as we are unable to determine who is/isn’t vaccinated.
- Clean in/clean out procedures will remain in place campus wide.
- If things continue to trend in the same direction as they are now, we anticipate that masks will remain optional for fall. We will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 status in the community and adjust our protocols as needed.
- Effective June 1st, all campus entrances will open. Staff, students and visitors should still sanitize their hands upon entrance.
- The Veteran’s Day Room, Campus Store and esports Arena will reopen June 1st with limited capacity and social distancing measures in place.
- The volleyball and basketball courts and outdoor ping pong will reopen June 1st for students and staff.
- We will add additional tents in the courtyard, Medallion Plaza and near parking areas at the Wausau campus with tables and chairs underneath so that students and staff may eat and/or sit outdoors.
- All vending will open effective June 1st.
- The Campus Café will remain open with summer hours.