Welcome Back: Our “Timberwolves Together” Plan
We look forward to welcoming you back to campus as scheduled this fall. To ensure an engaged and connected experience for all amid the COVID-19 pandemic, we are pleased to share our “Timberwolves Together” plan for resuming campus activities. To safeguard the health of our campus community, we have modified many of our operations in accordance with public health guidance. You can be assured that upon reopening, we will have safety protocols and strict screening measures, strict sanitation procedures and social distancing measures to ensure the safety of our students, staff and guests.
The full plan is available online but we thought we’d take this opportunity to mention a few highlights:
- Students, staff and visiting public (prospective students, individuals with a business purpose, etc.) will be required to wear a mask while on campus. All students will be given an NTC reusable mask, mini hand sanitizer and “Klean Key” (allowing students to safely open doors, push buttons, etc.) as part of the Fall Student Giveaway. Additional masks will be available for purchase in the Campus Store.
- All students, staff and visiting public will be temperature scanned by touchless thermal temperature scanners upon entrance to the College.
- We have adjusted room capacities and added sections to allow for physical distancing in classroom and lab spaces. Labs will be equipped with applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for students and staff. Additional PPE may be required for labs and programs where social distancing is not feasible.
- We are offering more ways to take fall courses (in-person, online, blended/hybrid) than ever before to meet student needs. Learn how you can Thrive Online with special Zoom sessions offering a preview of what online learning looks like at NTC.
- Technology will be essential for all modes of delivery and laptops are available for purchase through the Campus Store. A limited number of laptops may be available to students experiencing hardship through the NTC Foundation Laptop Program. Please connect with your Student Success Advisor to apply.
- Campus entrances will be restricted to ensure compliance with masking and temperature screening requirements. A full list is available online.
We recognize that you may have a number of additional questions as you prepare for the fall semester. Please watch for continued updates on the “Timberwolves Together” website or connect with your Student Success Advisor through Starfish or call 715.803.1797.
As the College that cares, we want you to know now that we will be here for you as the fall semester begins August 31st. Please know we remain committed to providing the rich, educational experience that you expect while ensuring the health and safety of our entire campus community.
We look forward to seeing you on campus, Timberwolves!
All the best,
President Lori Weyers