The Safety Engineering Technology Associate Degree program prepares learners to work in a variety of positions in the manufacturing sector. A graduate will be able to contribute to an environmental, health and safety program in any size organization. This specialization is ideal for preparing graduates to work with supervisors and employees to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. Learners will gain a specialized education in environmental, health and safety concepts and regulations, lean concepts, problem solving, CAD, leadership and safety and environmental management. Potential occupations include: Safety Technician, Loss Control Technician, Assistant Safety Engineer, Claims Analyst, Environmental Engineering Technician, Assistant Safety Engineer, and Safety and Environmental Engineering Technician.
program at a Glance
- Wausau -
- Antigo -
- Medford -
- Phillips -
- Spencer -
- Wittenberg -
Approximate Cost$12,662 (Tuition: $10082, Books: $2580)
Average Starting Salary$49,481 Annually, based on the 2015 NTC Graduate Employment Report.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Apply as an undecided student. You can begin taking classes while working one-on-one with an advisor to help you determine your best fit.
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Demonstrate established safety principles
- Apply appropriate laws and regulations
- Demonstrate and comply with OSHA guidelines
- Articulate the role of sustainability as a business practice
- Perform compliance inspections
- Articulate and apply applicable ISO standards
- Prepare for submission the appropriate occupational reports
- Implement lean practices relating to environmental health and safety in a manufacturing setting
- Articulate the value of continuing professional development
- Safety Technician
- Safety and Environmental Engineering Technician
- Assistant Safety Engineer
- Environmental Engineering Technician
- Claims Analyst
- Assistant Safety Engineer
- Loss Control Technician
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.