Prepares learners for an occupation in Fire and Emergency Medical Services. The courses focus on preparing a learner for entry-level employment as a firefighter/paramedic within a full-time municipal department, hospital or private ambulance service. Fire Medic learners will train to respond to today's emergencies with extreme confidence. After completing this program, learners are prepared to take the National Registry for Paramedic Exam. In addition, they will be able to take the State of Wisconsin Firefighter 1 and Firefighter 2 exams.
program at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo General Studies Only
- Medford General Studies Only
- Phillips General Studies Only
- Spencer General Studies Only
- Wittenberg General Studies Only
Approximate Cost$12,550 (Tuition: $10450, Books: $2100)
Average Starting Salary$32,240 Based on Economic Modeling Specialists International and employer survey data.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Prepare for incident response and EMS operations
- Integrate pathophysiological principles and assessment findings to provide appropriate patient care
- Demonstrate paramedic skills associated with established standards and procedures for a variety of patient encounters
- Meet state and national competencies and standards listed for fire and paramedic credentialing
- Demonstrate professional conduct and behavior by displaying personal code of ethics, positive work ethics, flexibility, teamwork skills, physical fitness, safe procedures and sensitivity to diverse cultures and individuals
- Apply incident management skills to emergency incidents
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and through written documentation with clients, coworkers, other agencies and supervisors
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Take a Virtual Tour
Get an idea of what it’s like to be a student in the Fire Medic program, and explore the NTC facilities.
Additional program Information
Criminal Background Check
This program requires a criminal background check. Acceptance to Northcentral Technical College will not be denied based on a criminal background, however, a check may be required for placement at clinical sites or field experiences.
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.