The program covers the complete printing process, starting with basic layout and design and an introduction to printing and ending with advanced courses in all of the various areas of printing. Specific areas covered include computer design, electronic pre-press, plate making, presswork, binding and finishing, digital photography and video, estimating and customer service. The program focuses on providing hands-on training on typical software programs, printing presses and bindery equipment. Potential occupations include: Production Designer, Pre-Press Technician, Preflight Specialist, Web Graphic & Page Design, Offset Press Operator, Flexographic Press Operator, Digital Press Operator, Screen Printing Operator and Bindery Operator.
program at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo Partially Available
- Medford Partially Available
- Phillips Partially Available
- Spencer Partially Available
- Wittenberg Partially Available
Approximate Cost$11,969 (Tuition: $10102, Books: $1867)
Average Starting Salary$29,725 Annually, based on the 2014 NTC Graduate Employment Report.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Apply as an undecided student. You can begin taking classes while working one-on-one with an advisor to help you determine your best fit.
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Demonstrate printing processes including offset lithography, flexographic printing, screen printing, large format and digital printing
- Demonstrate basic design principles, color theory and typography in a variety of multi-media applications
- Design and layout basic print, web and multimedia projects using computer page layout, illustration and photo manipulation programs
- Produce a wide range of printed products on various presses
- Demonstrate basic digital photography, digital video and web page design skills
- Estimate, schedule and invoice a wide range of printing jobs
- Production Designer
- Pre-Press Technician
- Preflight Specialist
- Web Graphic & Page Design
- Offset Press Operator
- Flexographic Press Operator
- Digital Press Operator
- Screen Printing Operator
- Bindery Operator
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Additional program Information
|Digital Photography Student Portfolio
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.