The program covers the complete printing process, starting with basic layout and design and an introduction to printing and ending with advanced courses in all of the various areas of printing. Specific areas covered include computer design, electronic pre-press, plate making, presswork, binding and finishing, digital photography and video, estimating and customer service. The program focuses on providing hands-on training on typical software programs, printing presses and bindery equipment. Potential occupations include: Production Designer, Pre-Press Technician, Preflight Specialist, Web Graphic & Page Design, Offset Press Operator, Flexographic Press Operator, Digital Press Operator, Screen Printing Operator and Bindery Operator.
program at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo General Studies Only
- Medford General Studies Only
- Phillips General Studies Only
- Spencer General Studies Only
- Wittenberg General Studies Only
Approximate Cost$11,969 (Tuition: $10102, Books: $1867)
Average Starting Salary$29,725 Annually, based on the 2014 NTC Graduate Employment Report.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Apply the principles of design to develop strategic marketing and communication products and services
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of design software, tools and technology
- Implement creative solutions from concept through completion using a formal process
- Apply effective legal and ethical business practices and project management skills
- Communicate artwork rationale in formal an informal settings
- Production Designer
- Pre-Press Technician
- Preflight Specialist
- Web Graphic & Page Design
- Offset Press Operator
- Flexographic Press Operator
- Digital Press Operator
- Screen Printing Operator
- Bindery Operator
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Additional program Information
|Digital Photography Student Portfolio
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email email@example.com.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.