This program prepares learners to work in a variety of job settings related to the completion, processing, investigation and analysis of health-related insurance claims. Job opportunities exist in the business offices of health insurance companies, managed care organizations, hospitals, medical clinics, nursing facilities and other related health care facilities. Potential occupations include: Medical or Dental Insurance Customer Service Representative, Claims Analyst, COBRA Specialist, Enrollment Representative, Provider Relations Specialist, Benefit Verification and Authorization Specialist, Insurance Billing Specialist, Admitting Representative, Reimbursement Coordinator, Privacy and Compliance Auditor, HIM/Medical Records Associate, Patient Accounts Specialist, Clinic Office Supervisor or Manager, Hospital Administrative Assistant, Home Health Administrative Assistant and Medical Coder.
program at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo Fully Available
- Medford Fully Available
- Phillips Fully Available
- Spencer Fully Available
- Wittenberg Fully Available
Approximate Cost$14,006 (Tuition: $10167, Books: $3839)
Average Starting Salary$29,577 Annually, based on the 2015 NTC Graduate Employment Report.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Apply as an undecided student. You can begin taking classes while working one-on-one with an advisor to help you determine your best fit.
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Perform financial practices through analysis of payer data and reimbursement methods
- Use medical terminology and knowledge of the human body systems in performing essential functions of health business environment
- Apply HIPPA, federal and state law, and regulatory compliance in business health practices
- Apply technology to administrative functions in a healthcare related setting
- Demonstrate professionalism in a healthcare setting
- Medical Insurance Customer Service Representative
- Dental Insurance Customer Service Representative
- Claims Analyst
- COBRA Specialist
- Enrollment Representative
- Provider Relations Specialist
- Benefit Verification and Authorization Specialist
- Insurance Billing Specialist
- Admitting Representative
- Reimbursement Coordinator
- Privacy and Compliance Auditor
- HIM / Medical Records Associate
- Patient Accounts Specialist
- Clinic Office Supervisor or Manager
- Hospital Administrative Assistant
- Home Health Administrative Assistant
- Medical Coder
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.