The Health Navigator Associate Degree program will prepare graduates for employment in a variety of health industries including public health, clinics, hospitals, insurance companies and a variety of non-profit agencies involved in serving the community. The goal of the program is to educate frontline health workers with expertise and experience in assisting individuals and communities to navigate the U.S. community health, health care and health insurance systems.
program at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo Mostly Available
- Medford Mostly Available
- Phillips Mostly Available
- Spencer Mostly Available
- Wittenberg Mostly Available
Average Starting Salary$42,432 According to Economic Modeling Specialists International.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Apply as an undecided student. You can begin taking classes while working one-on-one with an advisor to help you determine your best fit.
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Provide information and refer patients, based on the identified barriers and needs, to appropriate resources and services available to the patient
- Exhibit behaviors and conduct that reflect safe, legal and ethical practice
- Demonstrate adaptability and the ability to manage conflicts in the changing healthcare environment
- Demonstrate networking and marketing skills in the health care environment
- Incorporate evidence-based healthcare practices into the delivery of services
- Communicate effectively with the healthcare team, diverse patient populations and their families
- Demonstrate ability to improve patient outcomes for a specific illness or complex disease
- Community Health Worker
- Patient Navigator
- Health Insurance Navigator
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Additional program Information
Current CPR certification is required prior to clinical placement. Accepted certifications include Professional Rescuer & Healthcare Provider (ARC) or Healthcare Provider (AHA).
Criminal Background Check
This program requires a criminal background check. Acceptance to Northcentral Technical College will not be denied based on a criminal background, however, a check may be required for placement at clinical sites or field experiences.
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.