Radiography prepares individuals for a career in diagnostic imaging as a radiographer. The radiographer is a technologist who produces images of the human body to aid physicians in the diagnosis of injuries and diseases. Graduates of the program are eligible to take the entry-level certification examination administered by the American Registry of Radiography Technologists (ARRT) and may obtain employment in hospitals, medical clinics and private offices after successfully gaining state licensure. Program curriculum focuses on theoretical and applied radiography and includes clinical experience in a radiology department. The program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). Students learn to use imaging technology to demonstrate body parts for diagnostic purposes, including bedside, trauma, pediatric and special procedures. Radiography Mission Statement: The Northcentral Technical College Radiography program is building futures for radiography professionals in our community with customer focused, life-long learning in a competitive global workforce.
program at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo General Studies Only
- Medford General Studies Only
- Phillips General Studies Only
- Spencer General Studies Only
- Wittenberg General Studies Only
Approximate Cost$12,359 (Tuition: $10359, Books: $2000)
Average Starting Salary$42,309 Annually, based on the 2015 NTC Graduate Employment Report.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Apply as an undecided student. You can begin taking classes while working one-on-one with an advisor to help you determine your best fit.
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Carry out the production and evaluation of radiographic images
- Apply computer skills in the radiographic clinical setting
- Practice radiation safety principles
- Provide quality patient care
- Model professional and ethical behavior consistent with the A.R.R.T. Code of Ethics
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills in the practice of diagnostic radiography
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Program Effectiveness Data
Compare NTC Radiography to other Radiography programs, visit the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
312.704.5300 (Fax) 312.704.5304
- Students will demonstrate professional behavior.
- Students will understand professional ethics.
Goal 2: Students will demonstrate communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective patient communication skills.
Goal 3: Students will demonstrate critical thinking.
- Students will perform non-routine exams.
- Students will critique images for quality.
Goal 4: Students will demonstrate entry level radiographer clinical competence.
- Students will perform routine positioning skills.
- Students will demonstrate quality patient care.
- Students will demonstrate radiation protection skills.
Goal 5: Graduates will be satisfied, ARRT successful and meet the needs of employers and the community.
- Radiography students will complete the program at an acceptable rate.
- Graduates will pass the ARRT exam.
- Graduates will obtain related employment.
- Graduates will indicate satisfaction with the program.
- Graduates will satisfy employers with their performance.
Take a Virtual Tour
Get an idea of what it’s like to be a student in the Radiography program, and explore the NTC facilities.
Additional program Information
No Wait Lists
This program uses a competitive petition process for admission instead of a wait list. Once you meet eligibility requirements, you can petition to start program-specific courses.
Current CPR certification is required prior to clinical placement. Accepted certifications include Professional Rescuer & Healthcare Provider (ARC) or Healthcare Provider (AHA).
Criminal Background Check
This program requires a criminal background check. Acceptance to Northcentral Technical College will not be denied based on a criminal background, however, a check may be required for placement at clinical sites or field experiences.
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.