The Industrial Electronics & Maintenance Technician Technical Diploma program prepares students for careers in the use and maintenance of common electrical/electronic devices and instruments. Graduates will be prepared to work with journeymen electricians and electromechanical technicians to perform the basic installation, maintenance and repair activities on industrial electronic equipment. This equipment includes motors, motor control systems and programmable logic controllers. The program's electronics concentration includes practical experience in troubleshooting with the necessary theory of electronic circuits. Additional maintenance applications include pneumatic and hydraulic power, mechanisms and mechanical devices.
program at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo Fully Available
- Medford General Studies Only
- Phillips Fully Available
- Spencer General Studies Only
- Wittenberg General Studies Only
Approximate Cost$6,264 (Tuition: $4759, Books: $1505)
Average Starting Salary$48,506 Annually, based on the 2015 NTC Graduate Employment Report.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Apply as an undecided student. You can begin taking classes while working one-on-one with an advisor to help you determine your best fit.
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Apply safety policies, standards, practices and procedures to the industrial environment
- Use the terminology in the field of electronics
- Read and interpret electrical/electronic drawings
- Analyze electronic circuits
- Perform tests using common electronic equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical/electronic systems
- Demonstrate necessary mathematical skills
- Demonstrate configuration of computer controlled equipment
- Demonstrate machine control understanding
- Demonstrate basic hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge
- Develop programs to operate and monitor automated equipment
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Take a Virtual Tour
Get an idea of what it’s like to be a student in the Industrial Electronics & Maintenance Technician program, and explore the NTC facilities.
Additional program Information
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.