Health Program Petition Process
NTC uses a competitive admissions process for five different health programs: Dental Hygienist, Medical Laboratory Technician, Nursing, Radiography, and Surgical Technologist. The petition process is how you gain acceptance into the core classes for these health programs. When you are ready to get started in program specific courses and have met petition eligibility requirements, you will submit a petition and take the HESI A2 exam. Your score on the exam will determine your admittance to your program.
To be eligible to petition, you must be enrolled in or have completed any petition prerequisites for your program:
- CNA with a grade of "C" or better
- Thinking Critically & Creatively with a grade of "C" or better
- General Anatomy and Physiology with a grade of "B" or better. A grade of "B-" does not meet grade requirements
General Anatomy and Physiology with a grade of "C" or better.
Laboratory Technician, Surgical Technologist, and Radiography
There are no prerequisites to petitioning for these programs, however, we do recommend completion of General Anatomy and Physiology to prepare for HESI A2 exam completion.
Ready to Petition?
The petition process happens once or twice per year, depending on your program. To begin the process you will need to complete the online form. The online form will only be available on this page during the times listed below.
Spring Petition (to begin program classes in Fall 2017):
Dental Hygiene, Medical Lab Technician, Nursing, Radiography, Surgical Technologist
- Petition Form Available: TBD
- HESI A2 Exam: TBD March 2017
Fall Petition (to begin program classes in Spring 2017):
- Petition Form Available: August 29–September 2, 2016
- HESI A2 Exam: October 6 & 8, 2016