Except in the case of cancellation or discontinuance of courses, students must request a refund within the time period indicated.
Course Cancellation Refunds
A student shall receive 100 percent refund of program fees, material fees and out-of-state tuition for courses that are canceled by the District.
Course Section Drop/Adds
A student who drops one section of a course and, at the same time, enrolls in an equivalent section of the same course shall not receive a refund of course fees for the dropped section or be charged course fees for the added section. An equivalent section is one offered for the same credit value, is subject to the same dollar amount of student fees and is at substantially the same point in the course curriculum at the time of the drop/add.
A student shall receive 100 percent refund of program fees, material fees and out-of-state tuition for a course, if the student submits an application for refund prior to the first scheduled meeting of the course and the student does not add another course.
Refunds shall be:
- 80 percent of program fees, material fees and out-of-state tuition if application for refund is made before or at the time 10 percent of the course’s total hours of instruction have been completed.
- 60 percent of program fees, materials fees and out-of-state tuition if application for refund is made after 10 percent but before more than 20 percent of the course’s potential hours of instruction have been completed.
- No refund shall be granted if application is made after 20 percent of the course’s total potential hours of instruction have been completed.
- Students who are no-shows or cease to attend without notifying the Records and Registration Office are responsible for payment of course fees and tuition, and are not eligible for a refund. The College will not automatically drop or reverse/refund tuition and fees to students for non-attendance.
Refund requests should be directed to the Records and Registration Office:
Northcentral Technical College
1000 W. Campus Drive
Wausau, WI 54401
You may be eligible for a Hope Tax Credit or Lifelong Learning credit on your taxes. If you are in an associate degree or technical diploma program, or were enrolled in six credits or more and paid tuition in a calendar year, you will receive a 1098T form stating how much tuition you paid and the amount of any scholarship or grant aid you received. If all of your tuition was paid by scholarship or grant funds, a 1098T will not be generated for you.
- Student Academic Procedures