Student clubs provide you with unique opportunities to become engaged on campus and within the community. NTC students tell us the top four benefits of being in a club are:
- Make new friends
- Network with potential employers
- Build your resume
- Engage in volunteerism/community service
So You Want to Become Involved
- Join a club (club list)
- Attend the 2016-17 Club Fairs on Thursday, September 13 and Tuesday, February 7 from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. in the Wausau Cafeteria
- Form a new club
- Participate in Student Government
- Become a Campus Ambassador
- Check out upcoming events
So Your Club Wants to Host an Event
An event may include, but is not limited to, social events, community service, field trips, fundraisers and leadership development activities.
- Submit the Club Event Planning Form at least two weeks prior.
- Once submitted, Student Life will guide you through the next steps.
- Reserve room/space
- Submit a Catering Order Form to order food. Contact Food Service at 715.803.1476 with questions.
- Review travel guideline.
- Complete and submit the NTC Field Trip Approval/Participant List with each participant’s Acknowledgement of Risks and Travel Conduct Code
- Review raffle ticket formats and submit raffle paperwork including Raffle Approval Form and Raffle Report Form
- Request to use the NTC logo
- Complete a budget planning worksheet
- Submit a Club Funding Request after reviewing the SGA Base Funding Criteria Rubric and NTC Soft Skills
- Make deposits into club account
- Make a payment to a specific person or business
- If you’re receiving funding from SGA, request to transfer funds
Additional Club Resources
- 2016-17 Student Club Handbook
- 2016 Fall Plan of Action - due Tuesday, October 4
- 2017 Spring Plan of Action - due Tuesday, March 7
- 2016-17 SGA Meetings
- List of Important Club Dates