Student clubs provide you with unique opportunities to become engaged on campus and within the community. NTC students tell us the top four benefits of being in a club are:
- Make new friends
- Network with potential employers
- Build your resume
- Engage in volunteerism/community service
So You Want to Become Involved
- Join a club (club list)
- Attend the 2017-18 Club Fairs on Thursday, September 14 and Tuesday, February 6 from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. in the Wausau Cafeteria
- Form a new club
- Participate in Student Government
- Become a Campus Ambassador
- Check out upcoming events
So Your Club Wants to Host an Event
An event may include, but is not limited to, social events, community service, field trips, fundraisers and leadership development activities.
- Submit the Club Event Planning Form at least two weeks prior.
- Once submitted, Student Life will guide you through the next steps.
- Reserve room/space
- Submit a Catering Order Form to order food. Contact Food Service at 715.803.1476 with questions.
- Review travel guidelines.
- Complete and submit the NTC Field Trip Approval/Participant List with each participant’s Acknowledgement of Risks and Travel Conduct Code
- Request to use the NTC logo
- Submit club/event promotional materials to Student Life for review with NTC Marketing for approval. Allow up to two weeks for approval.
Raffle ProceduresRaffles must adhere to the rules and regulations of the state of Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing. There are new requirements for 2017-18 including additional steps in both the approval process and post-raffle procedures. Please print and review the following raffle forms before submitting your club event planning form to host a raffle. Failure to complete steps may result in a club's loss of ability to host future raffles.
- Raffle Approval Form - Advance Ticket Sales -- Use this form for raffle tickets sold prior to the day of an event where a winner need not be present to win.
- Raffle Approval Form - Day of Sales -- Use this form for raffle tickets sold on the same day as the drawing where a winner must be present to win.
- Raffle Report Form -- Review this form PRIOR to beginning sales and ensure all items are completed at the time of the raffle.
- Complete an optional budget planning worksheet
- Submit a Club Funding Request after reviewing the SGA Base Funding Criteria Rubric and NTC Soft Skills. You may also find this Club Funding Request Preparation helpful.
- Make deposits into club account
- Make a payment to a specific person or business (view instructions)
- Transfer club funds to another club on campus (view instructions)
- If you’re receiving funding from SGA, request to transfer funds (view instructions)
Additional Club Resources
- 2017-18 Student Club Handbook
- 2017 Fall Plan of Action - due Tuesday, October 3
- 2018 Spring Plan of Action - due Tuesday, March 6
- 2017-18 SGA Meetings
- List of Important Club Dates