Student Health Insurance Plans
Mandatory Student Accident Insurance (Arthur J. Gallagher and Co.)
This insurance plan will cover students when an accident occurs on campus, attending a practicum program or other recognized student group approved by the College or during travel to and from a program. The plan offers comprehensive benefits including hospital room and board, inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures, labs and x-rays, physician office visits, ambulance, durable medical equipment, emergency care and prescription drugs. There are no deductibles and the maximum benefit allowed for each accident is $50,000. This coverage per student per semester is $6.00. The following student groups are not eligible for this benefit:
- 100% online
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- Correspondence Course
- Continuing Education (non credit)
- Business and Industry Solutions (B&IS)
- High School Distance Education Contracts
- High School Transcripted Credit
- Alternative High School
Aspirus Wausau Family Medicine Clinic
The following services will be provided to NTC students during the 2016-2017 school year at no cost to the student, with a valid current student ID:
- Rubella Titer
- Mumps Titer
- Rubeola Titer (measles)
- Varicella Titer (chickenpox)
- TB skin tests (administration and read)*
- Physical exam per school form/parameters
*Please note TB skin tests will be administered by appointment only:
- Monday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Reads will be scheduled Thursday between 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Other Local Health Care Providers
Bridge Clinic believes everyone deserves access to health and dental care. Working on a sliding fee scale, they offer students and their families quality medical care. For information, call them at 715.848.4884 or visit www.bridgeclinic.org.
Family Planning Health Services, Inc. provides high quality, affordable and accessible reproductive and nutritional services to women and their families. FPHS' Wausau clinic is located right down the road from NTC on 3rd Avenue.
Addiction is a problem millons of people face. If you're fighting addiction, you are not alone. There is help for you and your family.