Student Rights and Responsibilities
Purpose: To communicate expectations relating to student educational experiences at Northcentral Technical College. These rights are intended to create awareness that reflect student principles.
Northcentral Technical College students have the right to:
- Be free of discrimination based on sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, gender, disability, religion, or any other applicable legislated category.
- Be safe on Northcentral Technical College's property.
- Have the occupational skills, technology, equipment, and resources available to insure success upon graduation.
- Have access to counselors.
- Have adequate access to properly equipped labs.
- Have privacy regarding personal information.
- Evaluate college facilities and services provided by faculty and staff.
- Have learning activities/objectives begin and end at scheduled times unless a mutually agreed upon alternative is established.
- Hold faculty to the standards or policies which they hold students to, including attendance and office hours.
- Have inclement weather considered in regards to attendance, testing, labs, or other class-related issues.