Employers are seeking students and graduates who are proficient in their field and who have a strong grasp of soft skills including social graces, communication, friendliness, and relationship building. Being actively involved in a student club and participating in campus events will help you refine your skills and give you an advantage over your competition when entering the job market. The resources on this page will also help you build skill awareness and prepare for employment seeking.
Click here to download the NTC Soft Skill list which outlines specific, observable, and measurable behaviors associated which each Soft Skill.
- How to Dress for Success
- How to Give a Proper Handshake
- How to Tie a Tie
- Interview Bookends (Elevator Pitch, Questions for the Interviewer, Selling Close) - self-guided worksheet
- Job Fair Boot Camp - How to Make the Most of Your Job Fair Attendance
- Job Search Skills Booklet
- Time to Interview - Quick Tips for Success