Wausau Testing Center
At the Testing Center we provide a variety of testing services for NTC students and community partners.
Wausau Campus Room C163
Monday – Friday: 7:30am to 5:00pm
(You must bring a photo ID with you to each test session)
- A current (non-expired) photo ID is required (Examples of a current photo ID include: driver's license, school ID or passport)
- Accuplacer – This test measures a student’s academic skill level in the areas of arithmetic, algebra, reading comprehension and sentence skills. The results of the Accuplacer are used by staff to determine course selection. The Accuplacer is not a pass/fail test, but it is very important for someone to do their best on these tests so that they have an accurate measure of their academic skills.
- Windows and Computer Concepts – These tests are required for the IT programs and measure basic Windows and computer skills
- Fees: $20 for Accuplacer, no charge for Windows or Computer Concepts
- To prepare for the Accuplacer by the web based App or for My Foundations Lab, please visit http://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students.
- Required admissions test scores vary by program. View our admissions test score requirements.
To complete the Accuplacer at the Wausau campus, you can go to the Testing Center, C163, during our walk-in hours.
- Walk-in Hours for the Wausau campus:
- Monday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
Accuplacer Testing is available at all of the regional campuses. To schedule your test please call the appropriate number below.
- Apprenticeship test battery consists of five parts: mechanical reasoning, spatial relations, arithmetic, algebra, and reading comprehension
- Mechanical Reasoning – the Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test (BMCT) is the most widely used and trusted assessment of mechanical aptitude. The test measures mechanical reasoning ability and working knowledge of basic mechanical operations and physical laws
- Spatial Relations – the Minnesota Paper Revised Form Board (MPRFB) is designed to measure aspects of the mechanical ability requiring the capacity to visualize and manipulate objects in space
- Accuplacer – This test measures a student’s academic skill level in the areas of arithmetic, algebra, and reading comprehension. The results of the Accuplacer are used by staff to determine course selection. The Accuplacer is not a pass/fail test, but it is very important for someone to do their best on these tests so that they have an accurate measure of their academic skills.
- Fees: $20 for Accuplacer, $25 for Bennett Mechanical, $10 for Spatial Relations
- Scores for all three tests will be available within 3 business days.
- For more information, go to: https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/educator/about-accuplacer
- To complete apprenticeship testing please schedule an exam.
- ASE is an independent, non-profit organization, and since 1972 have worked to improve the quality of vehicle repair and service by testing and certifying repair and service professionals. Auto technicians and other professionals who want to become ASE certified can take one or more of ASE’s 40+ exams. The exams are grouped into specialties such as automobile, medium/heavy truck, truck equipment, school bus, collision repair, and more.
- For more information go to: https://www.ase.com/home.aspx
- You must register with ASE and provide payment of tests to obtain your ASE identification number. Once you have registered with ASE, please schedule an exam with us.
- Microsoft Office Specialist exams are based on globally recognized standards that demonstrate computing skills and help to advance career prospects in a competitive job market. The MOS certifications are primarily for office workers who use Microsoft Office programs as a vital part of their job functions.
- You must have a voucher prior to your test date. They can be purchased from the Campus Store
- Exams are available for Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013.
- Contact us for test dates and to schedule an appointment
- For more information go to: http://www.certiport.com
- Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in 175 countries
- All registration is done through Pearson VUE’s website and your test provider
- Payment must be made at the time of scheduling
- For more information go to: http://www.pearsonvue.com/
- If you are a distance student at another college or need to take an exam for a certification course, please request proctoring services at the Wausau campus, by completing the proctoring service request form.
- Proctoring services are also available at the regional campuses. Please contact the campus where you would like to test to request proctoring.
- There is no fee for students in the Wisconsin Technical College system for non-WTCS students the fee is $25 per exam
We would like to hear about your experience with the Testing Center… please fill out this quick survey
To provide a positive testing experience in a respectful, secure, and confidential environment that follows guidelines and policies established by Northcentral Technical College (NTC) and our testing partners in accordance with NCTA professional standards and guidelines
- Apply Now & Register