Wausau Testing Center
The Testing Center at Northcentral Technical College provides a variety of testing services for current and potential NTC students, faculty and staff.
Wausau Campus Room C167
Monday – Friday: 7:30am to 5:00pm
(You must bring a photo ID with you to each test session)
Regional Campus Admissions Testing
- Mondays starting @ 4 p.m.
- Wednesdays starting @ 9 a.m.
- Thursdays starting @ 9 a.m.
- Monday & Wednesday: 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday & Thursday: 8:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (last test scheduled at 2:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday 4:30 p.m. -6:30 p.m. (last test scheduled at 6:30 p.m.)
- Monday & Wednesday: 5:30 p.m. -7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 11:30 a.m. -2:00 p.m.
- Testing is done by appointment only
- Walk-in Hours for the Wausau campus:
- Monday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
- A current (non-expired) photo ID is required (Examples of a current photo ID include: driver's license, school ID or passport)
- Accuplacer – This test measures a student’s academic skill level in the areas of arithmetic, algebra, reading comprehension and sentence skills. The results of the Accuplacer are used by staff to determine course selection. The Accuplacer is not a pass/fail test, but it is very important for someone to do their best on these tests so that they have an accurate measure of their academic skills.
- Windows and Computer Concepts – These tests are required for the IT programs and measure basic Windows and computer skills
- There is no fee for the Windows or Computer Concepts tests
- Fees: $20 for Accuplacer, no charge for Windows or Computer Concepts
- To prepare for the Accuplacer by the web based App or for My Foundations Lab, please visit http://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students.
- Required admissions test scores vary by program. View our admissions test score requirements.
- Apprenticeship test battery consists of five parts: mechanical reasoning, spatial relations, arithmetic, algebra, and reading comprehension
- Mechanical Reasoning – the Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test (BMCT) is the most widely used and trusted assessment of mechanical aptitude. The test measures mechanical reasoning ability and working knowledge of basic mechanical operations and physical laws
- Spatial Relations – the Minnesota Paper Revised Form Board (MPRFB) is designed to measure aspects of the mechanical ability requiring the capacity to visualize and manipulate objects in space
- Accuplacer – This test measures a student’s academic skill level in the areas of arithmetic, algebra, and reading comprehension. The results of the Accuplacer are used by staff to determine course selection. The Accuplacer is not a pass/fail test, but it is very important for someone to do their best on these tests so that they have an accurate measure of their academic skills.
- Contact our office for test dates or to schedule an appointment
- Fees: $20 for Accuplacer, $10 for Bennett Mechanical, $10 for Spatial Relations
- For more information, go to: http://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/content/about-accuplacer
- ASE is an independent, non-profit organization, and since 1972 have worked to improve the quality of vehicle repair and service by testing and certifying repair and service professionals. Auto technicians and other professionals who want to become ASE certified can take one or more of ASE’s 40+ exams. The exams are grouped into specialties such as automobile, medium/heavy truck, truck equipment, school bus, collision repair, and more.
- You must register with ASE and provide payment of tests to obtain your ASE identification number. Once you have registered, you should contact our office for test dates and to schedule an appointment.
- For more information go to: https://www.ase.com/home.aspx
- Microsoft Office Specialist exams are based on globally recognized standards that demonstrate computing skills and help to advance career prospects in a competitive job market. The MOS certifications are primarily for office workers who use Microsoft Office programs as a vital part of their job functions.
- You must have a voucher prior to your test date. They can be purchased from NTC’s bookstore
- Exams are available for Microsoft Office 2010
- Contact us for test dates and to schedule an appointment
- For more information go to: http://www.certiport.com
- Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in 175 countries
- All registration is done through Pearson VUE’s website and your test provider
- Payment must be made at the time of scheduling
- For more information go to: http://www.pearsonvue.com/
- If you are a distance student at another college or need to take an exam for a certification course, you can come to our Testing Center to get your exams proctored
- There is no fee for students in the Wisconsin Technical College System. For non-WTCS students, the fee is $25 per exam
- To request our proctoring services, please complete the proctoring service request form.
Department of Public Instruction
P.O. Box 7841
Madison, WI 53707-7841
We would like to hear about your experience with the Testing Center… please fill out this quick survey
To provide a positive testing experience in a respectful, secure, and confidential environment that follows guidelines and policies established by Northcentral Technical College (NTC) and our testing partners in accordance with NCTA professional standards and guidelines
- Apply Now & Register