Frequently asked questions on transferring to another educational institution. The Transfer & Placement Office is here to help you make a smooth transition to a four-year college.
1. How do I know which college or university has the bachelor’s degree I’m interested in?
- Talk to Transfer Specialist Xang Lee at NTC.
- Use these websites: NTC Transfer Guides, University of Wisconsin Help, WisCareers (you can find the registration code for this site through my>NTC)
2. When do I start the transfer process?
We encourage you to gather information early in your program to help you make informed decisions about credit transfer.
3. Do I need a certain number of credits to transfer? How do I know which credits will transfer? Why don’t some credits transfer?
- Admissions requirements differ among colleges.
- When you apply to the four-year college, you will receive a credit evaluation showing which NTC credits transfer.
- Visit the Transfer Information System (TIS) to read about UW college transfer by course or program.
- Some credits don’t transfer because they are not part of the requirements for the degree.
4. Who should I talk to at the four-year college? Can I talk to them in Wausau?
- The NTC transfer specialist can connect you to four-year transfer staff.
- The Recruitment Schedule lists college rep visits to NTC.
5. Can I earn a bachelor’s degree without leaving Wausau?
We continue to work to offer four-year programs locally. The College Transfer Guides tell you where classes can be taken: in Wausau, online or at the four-year college.