Nursing is the dynamic interpersonal goal-directed process that seeks to promote optimal health within the context of individuals, family, community and society. The concept of caring, which is central to nursing, is communicated through both attitude and action. Nursing uses the nursing process, a problem solving approach to provide holistic care to individuals, families and groups within the health care system. Nurses assess health and make clinical decisions to provide safe and effective nursing care according to standards of practice within the legal, ethical and regulatory frameworks. Nursing practice is based on its own body of knowledge. Through collaboration with other health care professionals, nursing is responsive to the needs of the community across the health-illness continuum. The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326; telephone 404.975.5000; www.acenursing.org. Potential occupations include: Registered Nurse. Please contact an enrollment advisor or refer to www.ntc.edu for specific admission requirements.
program at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo Mostly Available
- Medford Mostly Available
- Phillips Partially Available
- Spencer Partially Available
- Wittenberg Partially Available
Approximate Cost$13,260 (Tuition: $10026, Books: $3234)
Average Starting Salary$46,392 Annually, based on the 2014 NTC Graduate Employment Report.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Implement one's role as a nurse in ways that reflect integrity, responsibility, ethical practices and an evolving professional identify as a nurse committed to evidence-based practice, caring, advocacy and quality care
- Demonstrate appropriate written, verbal and nonverbal communication in a variety of clinical contexts
- Integrate social, mathematical and physical sciences, pharmacology and pathophysiology in clinical decision-making
- Provide patient centered care by utilizing the nursing process across diverse populations adn health care settings
- Minimize risk of harm to patients, members of the healthcare team and self through safe individual performance and participation in system effectiveness
- Lead the multidisciplinary health care team to provide effective patient care throughout the lifespan
- Use information and technology to communicate, manage data, mitigate error and support decision-making
- Registered Nurse
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
The nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326; telephone 404.975.5000; www.acenursing.org. Potential occupations include: Registered Nurse.
Criminal Background Check
This program requires a criminal background check. Acceptance to Northcentral Technical College will not be denied based on a criminal background. Several programs require a background check for placement into clinical sites or field experiences. These checks could prevent students from completing all course requirements necessary for graduation, gaining licensure, and finding employment.
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email email@example.com.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.