Quotes, Bids and Proposals
The NTC purchasing department is committed to employment of fair and objective price competition and negotiation practices to secure the best value for the college involving the use of public funds. NTC uses a quote, bid, or Request for Proposal (RFP) process to obtain equipment and services. Quotes and bids are typically used for equipment, and RFPs are typically used for services.
Quotes and bids are used when price is the only determining factor in selecting the vendor. There are required specs that must be met, which are written by the requesting department and reviewed by Purchasing. The vendor who can meet these specs with the lowest price will be awarded the quote or bid.
Request for Proposal
RFPs are used to select a vendor based on various evaluation factors, in addition to price. While price will be important in the decision making process, other factors, such as experience in the industry, are part of the overall score.
Notification of Bidding Opportunities
As a member of the Wisconsin Association of Public Purchasers (WAPP), NTC uses Onvia.com (DemandStar) as it's automated bid notification and document distribution system for suppliers. This service is provided free of cost to suppliers wishing to be notified of bidding and quoting opportunities. Please note that not all invitations for bid and requests for proposal are posted using Onvia (DemandStar). Occasionally NTC posts notice in the Wausau Daily Herald, depending on the commodity or service being sought.
Registration on the Onvia/DemandStar network offers your company a number of important benefits, including:
- Free access to procurement bidding opportunities from participating WAPP members.
- Automatic and immediate notification via email of any bids released by participating agencies.
- 24/7 Access to bidding documents, addenda, and bid results.
- Register at www.onvia.com/wapp.
- Once your registration has been activated, you must log in to Onvia (DemandStar) and go to the "Account Info" page. Then choose "Edit" and then "Commodity Codes" to select any NIGP commodity codes that pertain to your business. You will then be notified of any solicitations that match your commodity code selections. If commodity codes are not selected, you will not receive notifications.
Northcentral Technical College is committed to providing the safest possible environment for all members of the campus community. When outside contractors/vendors are permitted access to campus facilities for the purpose of construction, renovation, maintenance, and operation of NTC facilities, adherence to these guidelines is required.
For additional questions please contact the NTC Purchasing Department at email@example.com.