Student Portal : Tax Preparation Assistance
Northcentral Technical College is pleased to offer the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to NTC students, family members and friends beginning spring 2023.
What is VITA?
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides low-income households with assistance in filing their income taxes and helping families to claim any tax credits for which they are eligible.
The VITA site at NTC offers FREE tax help to people who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns, including:
- People who generally make $60,000 or less
- Persons with disabilities; and
- Limited English-speaking taxpayers
What to Bring
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification number
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable Before your appointment, please review Publication 3673-B for a list of services provided and items to bring with you.
Hours and Appointments
Mondays, February 6 – April 10, 2023
4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Use the A entrance to find Room A111 at NTC’s Wausau Campus.
Schedule an Appointment
Appointments are required. Both in-person and virtual options are available.
To learn more, visit the IRS’s VITA Program web page.
For additional questions, contact Sydney Fritzel, Accounting Faculty, by emailing email@example.com or calling 715.803.1145.
Please Note: the email account will only be monitored during tax season.