Applied Design Software 12 Credit Certificate
The Applied Design Software Certificate is designed for individuals seeking entry-level employment as a 2D/3D computer aided design/drafting technician or those looking to increase their computer design skills within the architectural, engineering and/or manufacturing industries.
The certificate will provide the necessary training in computer-based architectural and mechanical design to meet entry-level competencies for producing a wide range of documents in the various manufacturing industries. Learners will receive hands-on training in various 2D and 3D computer aided design systems throughout their associated coursework.
Courses in this certificate will also ladder into the Architectural Design & Technology and/or Mechanical Design Engineering Technology Associate Degree programs at NTC.
Found in These Career Fields:
Approximate Program Cost
Courses for this program may be available at a variety of campus locations through multiple modes of delivery if you meet the admission requirements and prerequisites.
* Campus and online availability of courses and programs may be subject to change.
Graduates will be able to…
- Prepare framing diagrams and schedules
- Create 3D animations and videos of construction and/or engineering projects
- Develop Building Information Modeling (BIM) files and documents
- Prepare 3D project visualization documents
- Create 3D models in a variety of software platforms
- Develop 2D construction/engineering documents (plans, sections, details, etc.)
Some of the potential careers graduates can pursue are:
- Mechanical Designer
- Mechanical Drafter
- Engineering Technician
- Architectural Designer
- Architectural Drafter
The Applied Design Software Certificate is a 12 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.
Credit for Prior Learning AvailableView All Detailed Course Information
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.