Equine Fundamentals 5–6 Credit Certificate
The Equine Fundamentals Certificate is designed for learners interested in working with horses. There are over ten million horses in the United States and most of the horses are companion animals.
The certificate provides foundational knowledge in horse care skills. Learners will have the opportunity to interact with horses. Courses are offered in a flexible format using the online classroom environment along with hands-on labs.
Found in These Career Fields:
Approximate Program Cost
Courses for this program may be available at a variety of campus locations through multiple modes of delivery if you meet the admission requirements and prerequisites.
* Campus and online availability of courses and programs may be subject to change.
Graduates will be able to…
- Identify signs of illness and administer first aid
- Describe equine nutrition requirements
- Demonstrate basic animal care
- Demonstrate safe handling techniques around equine
- Identify various horse breeds and their conformation
The Equine Fundamentals Certificate is a 5–6 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.
Credit for Prior Learning AvailableView All Detailed Course Information
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.