Planning and Inventory Management 17 Credit Certificate
The Planning and Inventory Management Certificate equips the learner in improving efficiency and effectiveness in the areas of planning processes, forecasting and scheduling, materials procedures and processes managing inventory levels, ERP and MRP systems, and logistics. Learners will acquire the skills and tools necessary to apply strategic supply chain management, lean principles, new applications, effective information management and tracking through coursework offered in this certificate program.
Planning and inventory professionals are involved with the planning and controlling of the flow of materials and information to effectively manage an organization's resources, minimize costs, and provide high levels of customer service.
The Planning and Inventory Management Certificate courses are embedded within the Northcentral Technical College Supply Chain Management Associate Degree Program and can be applied into this Associate Degree program should you desire to continue to develop your skills, knowledge and potential for advancement in the ever-changing and rapidly growing Supply Chain field.
Courses for this program may be available at a variety of campus locations through multiple modes of delivery if you meet the admission requirements and prerequisites.
* Campus and online availability of courses and programs may be subject to change.
Graduates will be able to…
- Apply strategies for identifying and meeting or exceeding customer expectations
- Define capacity planning and resource utilization
- Examine sales and operations planning and its impact on the entire supply chain
- Determine effective scheduling practices utilized in the supply chain
- Determine continuous improvement concepts utilized in the supply chain
- Examine the operations function in the supply chain
- Define inventory fundamentals and inventory's role in the supply chain
- Explain how to manage the materials requirement plan
- Analyze supply chain inventory and material flows
- Evaluate distribution methods for products and services
- Apply strategies for managing supply chain and logistics processes
- Apply continuous improvement strategies to business operations
- Explain the benefits of lean principles operations
- Determine why forecasting is essential to supply chain management
Some of the potential careers graduates can pursue are:
- Production Planner/Scheduler
- Production Planner
The Planning and Inventory Management Certificate is a 17 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.
Credit for Prior Learning AvailableView All Detailed Course Information
Pathways are a series of connected programs that enable you to advance over time to better jobs and higher levels of education and training. By earning one degree, you could also be completing several courses of a related program in a pathway, bringing you one step closer to an advanced degree.
Completing the Planning and Inventory Management Certificate Earns You:
- 28% of the total credits in the Supply Chain Management Associate Degree (17 of 61 credits)
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.