Diesel Equipment Mechanic27 Credit Technical Diploma
The Diesel Equipment Mechanic Technical Diploma program provides the basic entry-level skills needed in medium and heavy truck service and repair. Throughout the program, learners will use troubleshooting techniques to make a quick and accurate diagnosis of problems, and make necessary adjustments and repairs. Topics will include diesel engines, suspension and steering, preventative maintenance and electrical and electronic systems. Potential occupations include: Entry Level Diesel Technician, Fleet Maintenance Technician and Alignment Specialist. As an Embedded Technical Diploma, this program ladders fully into the Diesel Technology Associate Degree program.
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Before you apply, you should know
- Most classes in this program take place at the Diesel Technology Center, located at 3353 Geischen Drive, Wausau, WI. When applying for this technical diploma you will need to select Wausau as the campus.
- Part of this program includes Truck Driving courses. These are currently offered at NTC’s CDL Training Center at 1204 W. Taylor St. in Merrill, WI and may also be available via Interactive Video Conference (IVC) at NTC’s Medford and Antigo Campuses. Those who attend at NTC’s Medford or Antigo Campuses must attend class at the Merrill CDL Training Center on weeks one and six of the 8-week program.
- Reviewing the Truck Driving Information Session is highly encouraged before enrolling in classes. To help you better understand the truck driving program, this session includes course information, DOT disqualifications, factors affecting employability, and drug & alcohol testing.
- You must provide proof of legal status or citizenship to obtain a CDL through this program
- Maintaining a valid and clean driving record is important for your success in this industry.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. The $30.00 application fee is being waived at this time.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.