Machine Tool Operation 30 Credit Technical Diploma
The Machine Tool Operation Technical Diploma program prepares learners to set up, program, and operate various types of manual and computer numerical controlled (CNC) machine tools.
Learners will machine piece parts, use precision measuring tools and instruments for parts inspection, as well as equipment and setups using both conventional and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing standards.
As an Embedded Technical Diploma, this program ladders fully into the Machine Tool Technics Technical Diploma program and can accept students on a full-time or part-time basis.
Found in These Career Fields:
Program Overview Video
Courses for this program may be available at a variety of campus locations through multiple modes of delivery if you meet the admission requirements and prerequisites.
* Campus and online availability of courses and programs may be subject to change.
Graduates will be able to…
- Perform programming, set-up and operation of CNC machine tools
- Perform basic machine tool equipment set-up and operation
- Apply precision measuring methods to part inspection
- Interpret industrial/engineering drawings
- Apply basic safety practices in the machine shop
Some of the potential careers graduates can pursue are:
- Surface Grinder Operator
- Milling Machine Operator
- Lathe Operator
- Machine Setup Operator
- Production Machinist
The Machine Tool Operation Technical Diploma is a 30 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.
Credit for Prior Learning AvailableView All Detailed Course Information
Pathways are a series of connected programs that enable you to advance over time to better jobs and higher levels of education and training. By earning one degree, you could also be completing several courses of a related program in a pathway, bringing you one step closer to an advanced degree.
Completing the Machine Tool Operation Technical Diploma Earns You:
- 52% of the total credits in the Machine Tool Technics Technical Diploma (30 of 58 credits)
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.