Join Laurie and Mike from Hamburg Honey in this four part workshop to explore the journey of beekeeping. These workshops will be held at the NTC Agriculture Center on County Rd K. Mike and Laurie Lawrence have been keeping bees since 2014, growing their apiary every year and are members of the Wisconsin queen breeders association, the Wisconsin honey producers association and the Marathon County Beekeepers Association. They have earned their Master Beekeeping Education through the University of Montana. They have been successful with overwintering bees with a 70 percent survival rate five years in a row.
Learning topics include:
- Choosing hives best suited for splitting or grafting queens
- How to setup a "starter hive"
- Importance of pesticide exposure on your bees and procedures to follow after possible bee kill
- Registering your hives with the State of Wisconsin
- Inspecting splits for emerging queens
Plus students get their own queen cell for their hive!
Bee suit is REQUIRED for all class dates!
Four part workshop: $175
*Includes class book Successful Queen Rearing Manual